Simple? You bet.
Why so difficult to follow through then?
Lack of confidence? Lack of commitment? Lack of time? Lack of priority?
Actually, I don’t want to think about excuses.
Others may not follow through, but not you. Not me. Not up in here.
Sit down. Start now. Get it done. Ship it. Publish it. Send the email. Make the call. Pitch the idea. Get the check.
Beast the resistance. Do the work. Make it happen.
I’ve become obsessed with the psychology and science of habits and daily rituals.
Over the last few weeks I’ve been going back and re-reading these habit creating resources:
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It
- Zen Habits by Leo Baubata
- Daily Rituals: How Artists Work – Tim Ferriss wrote an awesome blog post about Daily Rituals on the Four Hour Work Week Blog.
- Dan Kennedy’s Process for Predicting Where You Will Be At the End of 2014
- The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play
- Day Sculpting: A 90 day program my friend Paul Hoffman created to help build daily success habits and rituals. I highly recommend you check it out for 90 days. This course helped me get back on the right track with my goals, habits, and daily rituals. There is a massive amount of value in the daily meditations and habit building methods.
These resources are full of strategies and techniques to help you design your life around habits.
What habit building resources do you recommend?